I’ve always loved Panera’s Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a good friend of mine share a similar video recipe from a Facebook food page. I thought I’d give it a try and make my own version. My husband (who named this sandwich) and I are fond of finding easy recipes to try. Over half a year into marriage, and there’s nothing I love more than our food shopping trips. Hah! Here’s the recipe below (Serves 10).
- 3 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 2 and 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups seedless red grapes (sliced in quarters)
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced red apples
- 1 and 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup thinly chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Boil chicken breasts until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let cool, then shred thinly with a fork.
- Dice apples, slice grapes, chop celery and scallions. Put aside. (You can purchase pre-sliced almonds in your local food store.)
- Whisk together mayo, greek yogurt, and brown sugar. Pour over shredded chicken and mix until chicken is coated evenly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix altogether.
- Serve (lettuce and tomato- optional) in toasted bread, with a side of your favorite chips.